SPB was introduced with FDA 510K approval as:
• SPB skin emulsions OTC
• SPB Rx emulsions (a prescription product)
What is SPB?
SPB® is an emulsion that acts on the skin to minimize the symptoms of atopic and contact dermatitis, as well as many types of skin irritations, relieving burning and itching. This is achieved via an easy to use product, which can be applied as many times per day as required, with no known (or even suspected) adverse impacts.
What are its indications for use?
|Indications for Use as Rx||Indications for Use as OTC|
|“As a prescription topical skin care emulsion to manage and relieve the burning and itching experienced with various types of dermatoses, including atopic and allergic contact dermatitis. SPB® helps maintain a moist wound & skin environment, which is beneficial to the healing process.”||“As an OTC topical skin care emulsion to relieve the burning and itching associated with many common types of skin irritation. SPB® helps maintain a moist wound & skin environment, which is beneficial to the healing process.”|
What is in SPB?
As an important advance in biotechnology, microfilms and surface chemistry, a few ingredients are all that is required for SPB® to provide optimum performance. SPB® contains only water, the co-polymer to provide emulsion structure, African palm oils, eucalyptus oil (for fragrance, optional) and silver nanoparticles (as a preservative).
Strengths of SPB
• SPB® is capable of eliminating and avoiding, through continuous use, the burning and itching associated with allergic and contact dermatitis.
• It is easy to apply, leaving no residues on the skin.
• It is non-abrasive, does not burn the skin, and is non-toxic and 100% safe.
• SPB® has a pleasant smell (including fragrance and fragrance-free versions).
• Provides a dry, yet smoothing feeling to the skin.